Friday, May 27, 2011

Life Lesson #1

Life Lesson #1: Growing up as an only child with my mom as single parent helped me learn life isnt handed to you! I had to watch my mom struggle many times to get the essentials....not air jordan shoes, levi jeans, or the most exspensive tv. No I"m talking about food, shelter and a loving home life. Have you ever just stopped in the middle of a store and noticed the one person who seemed nervous, maybe "weird" looking, little dirty, or possibly smell. Have you ever offered a dollar or 50 cents? Maybe just a hello can I help you look for something or I hope you have a blessed day. I learned this when I was 8 years old. My mom and I took a 15 hr Bus ride from South Carolina to Mobile, Alabama and there was an older female who fit that category. My mom packed a lunch with some snacks and drinks etc. and I noticed this lady had nothing. I went to the bathroom and on my way back I noticed she was very sad. SO I asked if everything was ok and of course she says yes and tells my eight year old self she is tired. I get back to my seat and looked in our bag of "stuff"....we had couple of drinks left and snacks so I asked if I could give the lady a drink and snack. Momma at first was weary but I told her she had nothing for her snacks. So my mom agreed. I walked down the eisle and said," Maam I have something for you." SHe looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said "Thank you sweet heart GOD BLESS YOU!" My mom and I told the lady your right and he blessed you too! The point of this lesson is to show you it doesnt matter where you come from it is all about WHO YOU BECOME! Life is always going to throw curve balls the only way to avoid it is to be a very good catcher! Always help others as you would want those to help you! My mom always told me this and I'm teaching my children the same not many of todays children have been taught that! So lets start here!

No comments:

Post a Comment