Friday, May 27, 2011

Bennett Bunch Life Lesson via Animal Kingdom

As many of you know the animal kingdom is an unique entity in itself. Well it is absolutely hilarious when you add in young curious children and animals who have no constraints of who or what is around them. So, Lets start off by giving a little background of my family members and four legged/feathered ones also! My husband and I have three children: 11 yr old daughter, 5 yr old son and a 4 yr old son. Our animal family members consist of 9 pigmy goats, 9 dogs, 30+ chickens, 5 ginnys and one cat! Needless to say with all of us there is never a dull moment! So to get on with the "Life Lesson." After supper the family went outside to feed up animals and exercise that stored energy after such a great meal! Well, My husband was working in our garden with my daughter I was swinging with my oldest son which lasted a brief moment after his younger brother requested for him to jump on the trampoline! All of a sudden this awful "dying" sound came bellowing out of one of the nanny goats! My daughter looked up just in time to see all the fuss.....lets just say she wasnt in agony! Need I say more! So the pitfall came....she said "Moma what in the world is that goat doing to Thelma?!"....I slowly looked in my husband's direction and said well I believe its your explaination time now hunny....(I had the puberty talk like 2 weeks before my baby found out the true meaning!)...so he with a straight face, might I add, said,"Well they are animals dear thats what they do that and you better get used to because that is how it is." She said, " Boy am I glad I'm not a GIRL GOAT because that is disgusting!"....of course as a mother you think YES YES YES keep thinking that until you are out of college! So the boys don't have a clue as to what just transpired (thank goodness!)....and the three of us were working in the garden and was all startled when we heard that awful sound yet again only this time, my daughter says," wooo....that sounded like Thelma said "HEY BO!".....only in the Bennett Bunch! .....Hope you have a great Memorial Day Weekend and BE SAFE!~ Until our next adventure! 

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more....welcome to the blogging world Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo-Hoo! Another blog to follow!

    ReplyDelete